Senior Product Designer
honestbee is Asia’s leading online grocery concierge service. We offer more than 60,000 products from 36 partners, delivering to your doorstep on the same day in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan.
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. We're shooting for the stars.
We celebrate diversity. Our team is multicultural, motivated, strong-minded, passionate and fun. We take both work and play very seriously.
To be the largest and most convenient online supermarket in Asia.
To create sustainable and profitable jobs.
Be part of the team to create a delightful shopping experience that spans across a diverse range of cultures and languages
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Design team leader
- User experience design lead
- User advocate, leveraging user research methodologies and techniques to identify who our users are, and how to build products that meets their needs. The role will report to VP of Design, and direct a team focused on creating compelling experiences that balance user intent, business needs, and site performance.
IN YOUR ROLE AS A UX DIRECTOR, YOU WILL:
- Lead the customer-centric vision, strategy, and execution of the user experience design
- Advocate a vision for new interaction models designed for simplicity and discoverability to meet the needs of our user base
- Work closely with Product Managers and Senior Management to align the product development strategy with target audience needs, brand positioning, revenue goals, and team resources
- Define and manage the user research plan and incorporate findings into the design process
- Optimize products by closely analyzing user engagement performance metrics and testing alternate design solutions
- Thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user experience best practices, user research, and online user behavior
- Promote customer- centric design and ensure usability considerations are in the front and center of product decisions
- Create and foster a creative, positive, efficient and collaborative team working environment
- Lead, mentor and guide a group of talented visual designers
- Be able to interface at all levels of business, understand business objectives, and drive results with no instruction or supervision. The Director will be responsible and accountable to the VP Design and will work hand-in-hand with the Director of Product and VP Engineering as well as indirectly responsible and accountable to other product managers and peers within the organization
- Build strong working relationships with co workers, direct reports (if applicable), customers (internal and external), and company management
- Provide leadership and mentoring to employees in your reporting chain utilizing best practices as a people manager and organizational leader
- Established track record leading UX and design teams
- Leader with history of success working across organizational boundaries
- Ability to apply brand development via user experience and visual design (the intersection of Creative Director and UX Designer
- Ability to energize, lead and/or guide meetings
- Ability to manage as well as create user interface and user interaction design
- Managing and developing a team with varied, complementary skills
- Project management experience as it applies to design deliverables (familiarity with both Agile and plan-driven approaches required)
- Hands-on visual/art design
- Paper prototyping experience a plus
- CSS/HTML skills a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proven self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Updated portfolio with samples of UX and UI designs (required)
- Updated CV/Resume (required)
We strongly believe in giving back to the society. By creating flexible equal employment opportunities, we aim to empower people from all walks of life to upgrade their skills and gain access to training.
Join us if you believe you can help us create a great product. We promise, we will help you grow your career like never before.