Category Manager (Japan)
honestbee is Asia’s leading online grocery concierge service. We offer more than 60,000 products from 36 partners, delivering to your doorstep on the same day in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan.
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. We're shooting for the stars. We celebrate diversity. Our team is multicultural, motivated, strong-minded, passionate and fun. We take both work and play very seriously.
To be the largest and most convenient online supermarket in Asia.
To create sustainable and profitable jobs.
The vision of category management is to improve business performance. Category managers do not only perform product categorisation, they are involved in building business strategy.
The key mission of the category manager is to make honestbee the best online supermarket in Asia. The size of this marketplace and its great impact on honestbee’s competitiveness results on high expectations toward honestbee CMs. The Category Manager is in charge of controlling honestbee’s grocery offer. This position also needs to be devoted to creating better business performance by addressing customer needs.
- Cooperating with different teams, collecting and analysing data to build brand developing strategy in order to guide business development team.
- Lead catalogue onboarding and maintenance, categorizing products, maintaining data, and solving product relevant issues from internal and external feedback
- Be familiar with all supermarket’s products characteristics, local market and local people shopping behaviour. Collaborate internally and with partners in order to meet customers needs through new assortment, pricing, promotion and merchandising.
- Category Manager needs to find out the major patterns in our target customers needs and drive honestebee marketplace development toward it. Be acquainted with our business/customers and be acquainted with relevant tools for helping achieve this goal, are both necessary.
- Bachelor/Master in Business Administration.
- Passion with products and customers
- Superb communication skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- 3-5 years experience in a role enabling the demonstration of those skills through delivered results.
- Experience in grocery retail/grocery manufacture preferred.