Summer 2024 Electrical Engineering Internship
Join the team at Honeybee Robotics and become part of a 40-year legacy as pioneers in space robotics. We specialize in creating novel exploration systems for the most extreme environments and advanced motion control solutions for NASA, defense, and commercial programs. Our work has played a critical role in thousands of projects spanning from conceptual design studies to flight missions, including NASA's Artemis I Mission and the Roman Space Telescope. We look to "Touch Life" by supporting planetary science, including every NASA Mars rover since Spirit and Opportunity. We aim to "Mine the Sky" through the development of practical In-Situ Resource Utilization solutions. We’re searching for technically brilliant individuals in engineering, software, and support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking candidates to join our Summer 2024 internship program with a focus on electrical engineering. As an intern, your daily responsibilities will involve actively supporting the design, development, fabrication, and testing of various electrical systems. You will have the opportunity to learn through hands-on experience and make a tangible, positive contribution to our product development efforts.
- Support electrical systems development and fabrication of prototype sample acquisition and handling devices used in planetary exploration.
- Assembly and testing of DC-DC converters.
- Update and procure electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Sensor selection and integration.
- Cable routing.
- To qualify for this position, you must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in junior standing or above at the time of application, preferably in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Skills in soldering, cable routing, and crimping.
- Familiarity with grounding techniques.
- Proficiency in PCB assembly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Completion of a course or experience in one or more of the following areas: Microcontroller programming, Fundamentals of Analog Electronics, Basic Control Theory, Digital Circuit Design, Motor Control.
During your internship experience, you can expect to:
- Gain exposure to all phases of the design life cycle (including design, build, and test) for either a flight or R&D project. Take ownership of your contributions to a specific subsystem as it progresses through each stage of the project.
- Receive both formal and informal feedback from managers.
- Participate in Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from various parts of our organization.
- Attend networking events and social gatherings.
- Gain visibility and access to leadership at all levels of the company.
$30 - $32 an hour
We offer competitive hourly rates of $30 for undergraduate students and $32 for graduate students in this internship opportunity. In addition to the hourly pay, all interns will receive a $1,500 monthly housing stipend. Qualified interns will also have access to a relocation stipend as part of our comprehensive internship compensation package.
Please note that all income included in our internship compensation package is generally considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The deadline for applications to be considered is October 30, 2023.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Note: This job posting is intended for direct applicants only. We request that outside recruiters do not contact us regarding this position.