Distributed (US only) /
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us.
We are looking for talented and self-motivated people who are driven by demonstrating and delivering tangible value to prospects and customers. This is a very hands on, technology driven role requiring the rare combination of a true passion for evangelizing technology with the skills to get in the weeds and help our customers identify and solve problems in their running applications.
You should able to be both reactive and proactive. Reactively, the ideal candidate is a great communicator that can capture an audience and deliver the “wow” factor during a product demo. Proactively, the ideal candidate will engage their creative problem solving skills to solve the customer’s pain points, creating high-leverage content or identifying patterns in the field.
The opportunity: Solution Architects help qualify and ensure we get the technical win with the prospects. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). Solution Architects also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
- 5+ years in a technical role, 3+ years of technical pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise software sales cycles for a highly technical product, particularly working with development and/or operations teams
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and related tooling, particularly common cloud infrastructure platforms and patterns
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies
- Understands the purpose and implementation process for Distributed Tracing or APM in at least one application framework
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages; enough to navigate a codebase and add instrumentation
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. Solution seeker.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Strong history of showing initiative and high degree of autonomy
- US work authorization
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos or other container technologies.
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux
- Strategize with Account Executives; provide technical support for sales opportunities (or, occasionally, customer success).
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Honeycomb value proposition, vision and strategy to prospective customers.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial/evaluation phase. Communicate Honeycomb's value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion.
- Maintain and deliver product demos, demo experiences (e.g. leveraging play), and videos to showcase Honeycomb capabilities to address prospects business needs.
- Enable engaged trial prospects to move further in the pipe – “Ease of use” features like Beelines or Open Telemetry
- Advocate for the prospect/customer, enabling them to justify their decision and investment.
- Support field marketing needs with other sales resources, e.g. staffing booth and supporting conference sponsorships.
- Funnel and prioritize feedback from the field into marketing, product, and customer success teams.
- Collaborate with Developer Advocacy to develop and deliver hands-on training.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.