Distributed (US only) /
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us.
This role will have you working directly with the code base that powers our customer-facing product experience, building and maintaining leading-edge features for customers and otherwise enhancing the customer experience and product quality.
This role would be a good fit for someone who:
- Loves creating a good developer experience. You’ll be working with software our customers interact with every day, so it’ll help if you are motivated by the idea of creating a great product experience and excited to collaborate with design, product management, and other engineers to do so.
- Cares deeply about software quality and testing. A strong candidate for this role would be interested in testing and have experience finding the best ways to keep a high level of quality without spending an ever-growing amount of time on maintaining tests. They would also be a practiced code reviewer, able to give kind, thoughtful feedback to other engineers on Pull Requests to the product codebase.
- Values clear, open communication. We see clear, thoughtful, and regular written & face-to-face communication (including a willingness to give & receive feedback) as a fundamental engineering skill and one of the strongest predictors of future engineering impact, not just a nice to have, and we hope you do too.
- Likes being a generalist. We’re a small team at Honeycomb, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas of our engineering and product efforts as well — the ideal candidate would enjoy a bit of variety in their work and not find it too distracting to help out with other projects from time to time.
- Has some experience. For this role, there's a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer or in a related role, advancing beyond an entry-level position.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know.