Director of Finance and Operations
San Francisco, CA
Honeycomb is looking for an experienced Director of Finance and Operations to oversee all financial aspects of the business, drive the company’s financial strategy and planning, and build out our FP&A and accounting functions. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands SaaS business models deeply, can serve as a trusted business partner to leaders across the company, is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump in, and will be a careful steward of our resources. This role reports to the CEO and is on the management team.
This role would be a good fit for someone who:
- Has leadership experience in a fast-paced enterprise software startup
- Can build deep relationships with executives, the board, and our team at large. You're seen as a listener, a problem-solver, and a trusted partner who can add value in most any domain. You strike a balance between risk-taking and commercial stewardship
- Understands SaaS metrics deeply, can define them for an evolving business, and knows how to use them to drive good decisions. You know industry benchmarks, or where to find them. You can help manage and evolve processes and artifacts from the revenue side of our business: sales orders, partnership agreements, sales incentives, etc.
- Has finance expertise. You can go deep on planning, budgeting, and FP&A, and you're also comfortable being responsible for accounting and treasury
- Is a systems thinker: you're comfortable designing and implementing systems and processes that will support our growth
- Has built finance teams, and knows what great is.
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves to do what's needed to support today's small team
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with broader operational responsibility, including people ops, recruiting, and/or facilities
- Experience with fundraising and corporate development
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.