Distributed (US only) /
Honeycomb is a tool changing how engineering teams understand their production systems. Decades-old incumbents in the traditional logging, monitoring, and APM markets have market caps in the double-digit billions—and engineering teams are looking to Honeycomb as the next innovative market leader in the observability space. This blog post summarizes how Honeycomb defines observability.
We’re looking for an Account Executive (AE) to take advantage of our strong market position to drive sales.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that rewards initiative and judgment with autonomy and responsibility. He or she should love the thrill of the hunt, and should have experience bridging technical benefits with business cases.
- 3+ years of experience in a closing role at a Saas Solution. Preferably at an APM, Monitoring or Log Management SaaS provider and with a record of exceeding quota
- Experience selling products to engineering teams at Mid-Market to Enterprise customers, especially with a land-and-expand pattern.
- A strong understanding of the software development life cycle, preferably gained by selling software products that target a part of it.
- Experience managing a sale that involves technical integration prior to purchase.
- Experience working with customer champion to scope an achievable, valuable POC to appeal to the buyer.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Articulate the Honeycomb product value proposition and tailor our ROI message to the customer’s discovered use case. Work with marketing to ensure a consistent feedback loop from the field.
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities within mid-market and large accounts
- Conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with a technical audience, while driving the conversation towards ROI and business pain.
- Navigate from individual contributors and practitioners to technical and business decision makers in the account.
- Focus on customers’ satisfaction. Know the customer’s business and workflows, develop proper contact network within accounts.
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base to land upsells.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts, based on evidence and not hope, and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Engineering, Marketing, Product, Customer Success) to efficiently navigate sales cycles.
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- Work strategically with management to identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions.
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Ensure the successful implementation and adoption of Honeycomb through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities