Sr. Content Marketing Manager
Distributed (US or Canada) /
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near future and present, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us.
This role is focused on building Honeycomb’s voice in the market by working closely with marketing to refine our content strategy and working with content contributors throughout the company. You’ll help develop stories that connect deeply technical solutions to market problems that resonate, own delivery of a consistent and provocative editorial tone, and help define the content strategy that drives marketing-led sales initiatives. If you love shaping and delivering technical stories around disruptive technologies, then this is the role for you.
This role is a great fit for someone who:
- Is practiced in delivering effective content marketing strategies, has a strong editorial track record, and has worked with content teams producing highly technical content. You’re not expected to be a technical expert, but you should know how to work with technical experts to ensure their content strikes the right balance between inspirational and pragmatic. We’ll want to talk to you about how you work with unfamiliar subjects.
- Has a strong grasp on SEO practices and is familiar with structuring, developing, categorizing, distributing, and measuring the performance of marketing content. You’ll work closely with Demand Gen to ensure the content you’re generating is found by the right people, at the right time, along their discovery journeys with Honeycomb, through several channels.
- Is reading this job description and is already taking mental notes about improvements to grammar, style, and concision. You have strong editorial chops, likely with a background in literature or journalism. You’ll be working with passionate grammar enthusiasts and elevating the writing skills of the entire company by developing style guides, coaching content contributors, and constantly working to improve our collateral.
- Likes being a generalist. We’re a small team at Honeycomb, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas of marketing efforts. You’ll take on some corporate social outreach, work with in-house designers, tackle various types of print and virtual collateral, and generate original content when possible. You will manage large complex projects with many moving pieces and also figure out how to make big impacts with scrappy resources. Ideally, you’ll enjoy navigating ambiguous situations to define success as much as you enjoy adding the structure and rigor to existing processes. You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter, but also team-oriented.
- Has seasoned experience. For this role, there's a minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Content Marketer (or similar role) in a B2B/B2C tech company.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.