Customer Success Engineer
Distributed (US only) /
Customer Success /
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us.
A Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is a technical champion and mentor who drives adoption of Honeycomb and success with Observability. You’re the friendly face of Honeycomb to our largest and most important customers, maintaining relationships with our champions and executive sponsors. You’re driven by seeing technical teams achieve amazing business outcomes. Success in this role is defined by happy customers who sing your praises for being knowledgeable, responsive and delightful to interact with.
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with account teams to define and execute account strategy
- Lead customers in the application of Honeycomb and Observability practices to meet customer’s stated technical and business goals
- Work hands-on with, teach, coach, and mentor engineering teams and leaders
- Create high-quality reusable content including trainings, talks, blog posts, white papers, demos and examples
- Representing the customer in internal meetings with Engineering and Product Management
- Keeping up to date on Honeycomb technologies and product offerings
- At least 5 years of System Operations or Software Development experience
- Strong understanding of Distributed Tracing concepts
- Demonstrable knowledge instrumenting a codebase
- Bonus points for familiarity of multiple programming languages and/or frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- US work authorization
- SQL experience (Basic aggregation queries, simple joins)
- Experience with a visual querying or business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.
Nice To Haves:
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.