Senior Product Designer
Distributed (US only) /
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us.
As a senior Product Designer on the team, you will have a direct impact on the future of Honeycomb. You will represent the user and design point of view, facilitate design discussions among the team, and own product outcomes. This will involve participating in customer research, product and planning discussions, designing flows, sketches, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals, and making sure the final implementation is a high-quality, polished experience.
Be a voice for design. Help drive the vision for the look, feel, and interactions in the Honeycomb product, and communicate that vision to the rest of the company.
Build the product. Iteratively lead the design process through research, ideation, wireframing, prototyping, and final visual design. Partner closely with the engineering team to build and ship your work.
Help shape what's next. Collaborate with other disciplines like Product Management and Engineering, working to help set the roadmap and plan future work.
Be a champion for the user. Immerse yourself in the customer experience and help tell the varied and diverse stories of Honeycomb customers, internally and externally.
Define the pattern. Drive the requirements for the Honeycomb design system, and collaborate with engineers on its implementation.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, and shipping high quality SaaS/web-based products
- Portfolio showcasing a UX workflow process, ideation, interaction, and visual design
- Experience using prototyping (InVision, Sketch, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.) to validate and convey ideas
- Experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Experience communicating about design to a diverse audience.
- Must work on remote from the U.S.
- Must have existing authorization to work in the United States
- Loved but not required
- Experience with developer tools — building them, using them, or both
- Experience with web application code and the ability to dive into HTML/CSS/JS if necessary
- Experience building visual identity and design systems
- Experience conducting user research
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to your portfolio and tell us something about your past design experience. We're especially interested in hearing about your design philosophy and your experience collaborating with product teams throughout the project lifecycle.