Product Designer (Mid-level / Senior)
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems. Since 2014, Honeycomb has been at the forefront of helping engineers make better decisions using data, and has been deployed and used in technology companies ranging from startups to the most advanced companies in the world.
Design powers our product. We believe great design is key to helping our users see and understand data and make the right decisions for their problems. We obsess over our users and take pride in crafting user-focused, user-friendly, and beautiful interfaces.
As a member of our design team, you will have a direct impact on the future of Honeycomb. You will represent the user and design point of view, facilitate design discussions among the team, and own product outcomes. This will involve participating in customer research, product and planning discussions, designing flows, sketches, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals, and making sure the final implementation is high-quality and polished.
We're especially interested in seeing & hearing your philosophy and past experience through the full UX process on a product.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and shipping high quality products in the productivity or data space
- Portfolio showcasing a UX workflow process, Ideation, Interaction, and Visual Design
- Experience using prototyping to validate and convey ideas
- Experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Must be a clear and effective communicator
- Must work on location in San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
- Must have existing authorization to work in the United States
Loved but not required
- Experience with developer tools
- Experience with technical discussions and ability to dive into HTML/CSS if necessary
- Experience designing and developing brand identities and crafting brand narratives across different mediums and touch points
- Experience building visual identity and design systems
- Experience creating illustrations
- Experience conducting user research
Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio — it's required for this role.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We welcome nontraditional candidates, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come join the beehive. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.