Director of Demand Generation
San Francisco, CA or Remote
We are seeking a seasoned, dynamic, creative Director of Demand Generation to join the team in San Francisco. The individual will be a key driver for Honeycomb’s future growth, with responsibility to oversee and manage all aspects of demand generation as the team executes and delivers multi-touch campaigns to drive observability market awareness, educate and capture buyers interest and ultimately build pipeline. We need a talented metrics-oriented leader with proven success in building both digital and field-based programs for the technical developer audience.
Key focus areas include:
- Manage, nurture and grow the demand generation team (currently 2 team-members).
- Own the strategy, execution and metrics at the top of funnel — inbounds, MQLs, SALs, that ultimately convert to SQLs and pipeline.
- Define budget and manage spend based on a metrics-first approach; be bold to experiment with new ideas using an integrated mix of online and offline and adjust quickly based on response rates and return.
- Work closely with sales development (SDR) in helping with messaging, follow-up cadences and fine-tune to improve overall conversions.
- Work with third party contractors and agencies to supplement for specialists. Own and manage the marketing tech stack (HubSpot integrated with SFDC, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, Intercom, BrightTALK, Zoom and potentially other tools).
- Manage with assistance from team experts for SEM spend by timeframe, channel and campaign and make recommendations on adjustments over time.
- Work closely with content and product marketing to determine which content assets are promoted to who, when and at what cadence.
- Build and grow the database of customers and prospects over time to match ideal customer buyer and understand the customer buyer cycle and differences between technical users and economic buyers.
- Manage and oversee all conferences and events in addition to community MeetUps and participate with Honeycomb partners across various event types.
- Oversee the public speaking program maintaining calendar and educational topics working closely with developer relations.
What You'll Bring
- Strong background in demand generation to technical/developer audiences ideally with SaaS based motions.
- Deep hands-on understanding of the marketing automation stack (HubSpot, Outreach, SFDC, …)
- A team player with all sales team-members overachieving in delivering pipeline numbers.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, high and onboard other team-members.
- Energetic, creative, and willing to be hands-on. This is both a strategic and a "doing" role with a highly collaborative team.
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors for demand generation activities like content syndication, webinars, podcasts, ebooks etc.
- Demonstrate 8-10 years of B2B digital/inbound marketing including online and conferences.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to convey ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences including executive management.
Reporting to the VP Marketing, the Director of Demand Generation will work closely with the sales development team, reviewing GTM approach, campaign details and cadences, messaging and CTAs. The Director will work closely with sales understanding pipeline impact and jointly own generating demand and tracking results from all investments.