VP Marketing and Community
Who are we?
Born and raised in Berlin, we are Honeypot, Europe's developer-focused job platform. Launched in 2015 and acquired by NWSE in 2019, we are a fast growing scaleup with big ambitions.
In the past year, on our mission to build the world's largest work-life community for technical people, we created honeypot.originals (some say 'Netflix for developers') and launched our developer-focused media platform .cult, exploring the softer side of software development.
We are now looking for a result-oriented VP of Marketing and Community who has the ambition to grow our community, develop our B2B marketing and lead a diverse team of creative people.
What do we believe?
We believe in contributing to the community and adding to the world we want to be a part of.
We believe in storytelling. We’re driven by an unwavering passion for engaging content and a long-lasting dislike for clickbaity fluff.
We believe in developers. We want to shed a different kind of light on software development by humanizing developers, inspiring wannabe techies, and turn our contributors into movie stars, respected authors and speakers in the process.
What do we need help with?
We are looking for a strong community marketing leader with creative chops, vision, result-oriented and shows huge love and respect for developer communities.
Nurture and grow our developer community
• As the VP of Marketing and Community, you are the voice of developers inside and outside Honeypot.
• You will work with and lead our community team to increase brand awareness and engagement through creative storytelling and engaging events.
• You will work with and lead our marketing team to convert the right developers from our community and paid channels to our Honeypot jobs platform
• You have a clear understanding of how to track and measure the impact of creative campaigns
Convince great companies to hire on Honeypot
• You will be responsible for translating our strong developer positioning onto the B2B side to engage more companies to hire through Honeypot.
• The challenge is to create a strong, developer-focused brand that speaks to both sides of our marketplace.
Contribute to strategy at a management level
• Aside from working directly with the marketing, community and brand design teams, you will be part of the management team, making decisions on high-level strategy and the direction of the company.
• Your challenge is to keep top management focused on our primary user: the developer.
What are the traits and experience of our ideal candidate?
You come from a strong content/editorial or journalism background and know-how to plan, execute and measure great stories across various media and channels. This includes:
• 10+ years developing and managing communities, brand strategy or editorial strategy
• Exceptional communicator and writer
• Experience managing metrics around SEO Google analytics would be a plus
You have led and nurtured diverse teams and have a proven record of managing successful projects from start to finish.
•You trust people and give them room to be creative while challenging and holding accountable to results.
• You have managed or had exposure to various marketing channels, including social, SEO, SEM, email, video, podcasts, partnerships, out of home, affiliate, and events.
• You have worked with Performance, Product, UX, and Engineering teams
You are reliable, results-driven but trust strongly the creative process
• You are inspiring and fast-paced, with a great intuition
• Ideally you have worked with developers
Become part of our growing community.
Join our highly diverse team of 40+ nationalities and share:
• An environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
• An atmosphere where intrinsic motivation comes first
• Bi-annual overnight off-sites
Honeypot encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity and individuals with disability.