Head of Engineering
Honeypot is a tech-focused job platform. Our vision is to build the world’s largest worklife community for technical talent. We are strongly committed to the developer community, creating OSS documentaries, such as Elixir and Ember, and running large scale conferences such as GraphQL Conf.
We believe everyone should choose a job they love.
As the Head of Engineering, you will lead our team of developers and empower them to further grow by taking on the following responsibilities:
• Be a source of deep technical knowledge to whom the team is looking up to
• Help building our future architecture and systems that allow us to scale
• Stay on top of team structures and processes and bring in your own ideas so we ensure ongoing collaboration in a growing team
• Facilitate collaboration both within and beyond the team
• Help the team to set tech KPIs and define technical priorities
• Work closely with the Heads of other departments such as data, product, and design to make sure the teams and plans are aligned
• Train team leads and support them to grow into a leadership role
• Take ownership of the general productivity and happiness of the developers
• Look into team dynamics and jump in for support if needed
• Make sure we have an exceptional onboarding for new team members and a personal growth strategy for every developer
We look for potential.
To thrive in the Head of Engineering position you bring in your experiences in:
• Substantial and relevant work experience in technical roles
• Knowledge in building and scaling technical architectures
• Experience in leading a team and mentoring developers
• Great communication skills and collaboration facilitator
• Have a good strategic understanding and interest in topics such as intrinsic motivation, collaboration, personal growth, KPIs, team structures and processes
Furthermore, you are passionate and care about:
• Empowering people
• The OSS community
• Building a high-functioning and happy team
• Sharing your vision and inspire the tech team
• Challenging beliefs and embracing change
• Belief that awesome things are MADE to happen :)
Become part of our growing community.
Join our highly diverse team of 25+ nationalities and share:
• An environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
• A joined vision with our VP of Technology to build an exceptional tech team
• An atmosphere where intrinsic motivation comes first
• Mentorship and support from the VP and close collaboration with the Head of other departments
• Bi-annual overnight off-sites, regular team events and weekly Friday night drinks
Honeypot is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity and those individuals with disability.
Please send us your resume together with a short motivation statement of why you are the right fit for this role and what motivates you to join our team.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!