Ruby Backend Developer
Honeypot is Europe’s tech job platform for Software Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists, Product Owners, QA and Engineering Leaders. Honeypot was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Kaya Taner (AppLift) and Emma Tracey (Lifa Communications) and is backed by influential angel investors and advisors from the Berlin startup and tech scene.
We believe in empowering engineers and technical people and are driven by a 100,000-strong developer community, built through events and tech conferences, such as GraphQL Europe, and community programs like our Open Source Video Series. We’re on a mission to build great engineering teams and we recently won Recruiting Startup of the Year at Hiring Success 18 in San Francisco.
We want you to help us in taking our clients to the next level. Therefore, you should be familiar with the quirks and best practices of Backend development. You’ve already built, released and maintained similar environments and know what works and what doesn’t. We are all tech enthusiasts who like to explore new technologies and create excellent software solutions; and we want to increase our number with like-minded peers.
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Working in Scrum sprints along with developers, scrum masters and product owner
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs as well as devising solutions to these problems
- Helping maintain code quality, organization and automation
- At least one year hands-on experience with Ruby
- Follow clean coding practices using Robocop or similar conventions
- Strong background in docker
- Proven track record in BDD
- Experience with data storage solution
- Knowledge in building scalable systems
- First-hand learning from experienced entrepreneurs/startup professionals on how a company is built from scratch
- Environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- Insight into the Berlin and Amsterdam startup scene and access to a well-established network
- A training budget and a culture that pushes for continuous learning
- Large Kreuzburg office with drinks every Friday
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
- Time (and company mentality) to contribute to open source work/projects
INSTEAD OF A CRAPPY COVER LETTER…
- … tell us about that one thing - be it a framework, gem, tool or whatever - that you truly love. The one thing your developer life would feel incomplete without. No matter if it is Ember.js, Slack or PHP ;) We would love to hear what excites you.
All in all we are not looking for a "code-monkey" but for an idea-driven person, that loves to participate in shaping a great product. Someone who always strives to find new, cutting-edge solutions and learn new stuff.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line.
PS: We have built a successful company before: AppLift