Business Development (Traineeship, German-Speaking)
BizDev & Operations
Honeypot is Europe’s tech job platform for Software Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists, Product Owners, QA and Engineering Leaders. Honeypot was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Kaya Taner (AppLift) and Emma Tracey (Lifa Communications) and is backed by influential angel investors and advisors from the Berlin startup and tech scene.
We believe in empowering engineers and technical people and are driven by a 100,000-strong developer community, built through events and tech conferences, such as GraphQL Europe, and community programs like our Open Source Video Series. We’re on a mission to build great engineering teams and we recently won Recruiting Startup of the Year at Hiring Success 18 in San Francisco.
Honeypot is entering rapid growth and we are currently seeking a highly-driven, curious and creative person to join us as a Business Development trainee or intern.
- You manage b2b customers in the day-to-day operations
- You plan and co-set structured targets and develop the company's revenues
- You onboard, educate and manage accounts so they get the most out of Honeypot
- You attend industry fairs and are the face-to-the-customer
- You organise educational workshops and become a Honeypot Evangelist
- You work independently and manage your own work
- You bring in your own ideas and strive for constant improvement
- You work closely with the company's product and marketing teams to improve our products and services according to client needs
- You contribute to the overall success of the company
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Business Administration or any other related field (applicants are usually in the top 20% of their academic or professional peer group)
- Fluency in German (and English) is a MUST
- At least 1 year prior professional experience in customer facing roles (e.g. Business Development, Account Management) or HR/recruiting related roles
- Previous experience in startups and/or selling technology-based products strong plus
- Very strong motivation to make a successful career within start-ups
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship-building skills
- True love for building lasting (client-)relationships and stellar dealmaking abilities
- Very strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive both operational tasks as well as more strategic decisions
- Mindset and ability to work/communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Belief that awesome things are MADE to happen :-)
- First-hand learning from experienced entrepreneurs/startup professionals on how a company is built from scratch
- An environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- Insight into the Berlin and Amsterdam startup scene and access to a well-established network
- A training budget and a culture that pushes for continuous learning
- Large Kreuzberg office with drinks every Friday
Please send us a message together with your resume of why you are the right fit for this job and what motivates you about this job.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Please apply in English