(Senior) Frontend Engineer m/f/d
Born and raised in Berlin, we are Honeypot, Europe's developer-focused job platform. Launched in 2015 and acquired by NWSE (Xing) in 2019, we are a startup with big ambitions.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Platform team and help us build a great platform.
In your new role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Join our team to develop Honeypot’s platform for talents and recruiters.
- Identify and solve pain points in our current frontend architecture.
- Actively support and mentor juniors with scoping, planning, and executing.
- Provide a technical point of view to validate feasibility of incoming features.
- Hold interviews and peer programming sessions.
- Constantly helping to improve team processes.
- Dedicate yourself to build a well-tested and scalable application.
- Improve code quality through cleaning code and code reviews.
- Improve technical documentation with simplicity in mind.
What are we looking for:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in Frontend Engineering working on web applications.
- You have experience building applications with different frontend frameworks and libraries.
- Experience working with MVC frameworks such as Angular, Backbone or Ember is a plus.
- Experience in mentoring others is a plus.
- You have good testing practices and ensure code quality in code reviews.
- You share our passion to build Europe’s leading platform for tech jobs and to help developers get a job they love.
- Enjoy developing software and sharing knowledge on how to do it properly.
- Can identify trade-offs and communicate your opinion in technical discussions.
- Have the necessary knowledge to back up opinions.
- Build features along with other people and enjoy working on a team.
- Have an outcome mindset (rather than an output based one) and a willingness to help us all succeed together.
- Ruby, Rust and Python on the backend
- EmberJS and Bootstrap on the frontend
- Heroku to package and run services
What we are offering:
- Join our diverse team of 30+ nationalities
- A working environment that promotes freedom, autonomy, and values a strong team spirit
- An atmosphere in which intrinsic motivation is at the top of the agenda
- Learning & development budget
- Gym membership
- Discounted German and English classes during working hours
- A great work environment, with company outings and regular team events (whenever COVID safe)
- Remote work possible: 100% right now, flexible post-Covid
Honeypot offers equal opportunities for all and encourages applicants of all nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, religious backgrounds, gender identities and people with disabilities to apply.