Scala Backend Developer
Honeypot is a developer-focused job platform, linking screened tech talent with screened companies. Honeypot is founded by entrepreneur and investor Kaya Taner. Taner previously co-founded mobile app marketing platform AppLift, which he grew as CEO from 0 to a 160-people-strong, profitable organization and raised USD 20 Mio+ Venture Capital funding on the way. Honeypot is now looking for highly-driven, smart people seeking to co-shape the next success story.
We want you to help us in taking our clients to the next level. Therefore, you should be familiar with the quirks and best practices of Scala development. You’ve already built, released and maintained similar environments and know what works and what doesn’t. We are all tech enthusiasts who like to explore new technologies and create excellent software solutions; and we want to increase our number with like-minded peers.
We are looking for a fellow software enthusiast who is a brilliant problem solver, excellent communicator and able to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions.You, perhaps?
How are we different?
- The developer community is at the heart of the company.
- We prefer lean and agile over big.
- We won’t use the word ‘Rockstar’. At all. Promise :)
What you will do:
- Design, build, and maintain resilient and reactive applications using Scala programming
- Establish innovative approaches to the creation of technical design solutions
- Ensure applications and infrastructure are always available, efficient, and scalable
- Ensure compliance with coding standards by way of regular code reviews and pair programming
What you should bring:
- Some relevant experience in software development with Scala
- Experience with REST
- Experience in developing with GIT
- Ability to learn quickly, outstanding analytical skills, creativity
- Team spirit and enjoyment with agile procedures, ideally initial experience with Scrum
- Good level of English, German is not mandatory
What we offer:
- An open, honest and fun work environment
- Competitive salary package with potential equity participation
- Insights into how it is to work for a rapidly growing company
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
- Time (and company mentality) to contribute to open source work/projects
Instead of a crappy cover letter…
- … tell us about that one thing - be it a framework, gem, tool or whatever - that you truly love. The one thing your developer life would feel incomplete without. No matter if it is Ember.js, Slack or PHP ;) We would love to hear what excites you.
All in all we are not looking for a "code-monkey" but for an idea-driven person, that loves to participate in shaping a great product. Someone who always strives to find new, cutting-edge solutions and learn new stuff.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line.
PS: We have built a successful company before: AppLift