BizDev & Operations
Honeypot is Europe’s tech job platform for Software Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists, Product Owners, QA and Engineering Leaders. Honeypot was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Kaya Taner (AppLift) and Emma Tracey (Lifa Communications) and is backed by influential angel investors and advisors from the Berlin startup and tech scene.
We believe in empowering engineers and technical people and are driven by a 100,000-strong developer community, built through events and tech conferences, such as GraphQL Europe, and community programs like our Open Source Video Series. We’re on a mission to build great engineering teams and we recently won Recruiting Startup of the Year at Hiring Success 18 in San Francisco.
Honeypot is entering rapid growth and we are looking for highly-driven, curious and creative people to join us to shape the future of work. For the role of Developer Advocate, we are looking for a person with a technical background, a passion for open source and a love of talking to people to grow and support our active developer community.
- Managing, growing and supporting our developer and tech community
- Attending and organizing events
- Working on or promoting Open Source at Honeypot
- Contributing to the further growth of the Honeypot brand
- Engaging in the developer/tech community
- Representing our product and becoming a Honeypot evangelist
- Working autonomously and assuming full ownership of objectives as needed
- Experience and understanding of computer science or software engineering - can be through study or through open source work
- An eagerness to be constantly learning Strong communication and community building skills
- You and interested in the Berlin tech scene and keep up with current trends and best practices
- You are very organized and structured and push things to completion
- Mindset and ability to work/communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Full working proficiency in English (German too would be a BIG plus!)
- Belief that awesome things are MADE to happen :-)
- First-hand learning from experienced entrepreneurs/startup professionals on how a company is built from scratch
- Environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- Insight into the Berlin and Amsterdam startup scene and access to a well-established network
- A training budget and a culture that pushes for continuous learning
- Large Kreuzberg office with drinks every Friday
Please send us a message together with your resume of why you are the right fit for this job and what motivates you about this role.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!