Junior Ruby Backend Developer
Honeypot is a developer-focused job platform, linking screened tech talent with screened companies. Honeypot is founded by entrepreneur and investor Kaya Taner. Taner previously co-founded mobile app marketing platform AppLift, which he grew as CEO from 0 to a 160-people-strong, profitable organization and raised USD 20 Mio+ Venture Capital funding on the way. Honeypot is now looking for highly-driven, smart people seeking to co-shape the next success story.
We want you to help us in taking our clients to the next level. Therefore, you should be familiar with the quirks and best practices of Backend development. You’ve already built, released and maintained similar environments and know what works and what doesn’t. We are all tech enthusiasts who like to explore new technologies and create excellent software solutions; and we want to increase our number with like-minded peers.
We are looking for a fellow software enthusiast who is a brilliant problem solver, excellent communicator and able to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions.You, perhaps?
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
- The developer community is at the heart of the company.
- We prefer lean and agile over big.
- We won’t use the word ‘Rockstar’. At all. Promise :)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Working in Scrum sprints along with developers, scrum masters and product owner
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs as well as devising solutions to these problems
- Helping maintain code quality, organization and automation
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Experience in Ruby in any of the frameworks (Rails, Sinatra, Rspec)
- Experience with data storage solution, SQL database knowledge
- Knowledge in building scalable systems
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An open, honest and fun work environment
- Competitive salary package with potential equity participation
- Insights into how it is to work for a rapidly growing company
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
- Time (and company mentality) to contribute to open source work/projects
INSTEAD OF A CRAPPY COVER LETTER…
- … tell us about that one thing - be it a framework, gem, tool or whatever - that you truly love. The one thing your developer life would feel incomplete without. No matter if it is Ember.js, Slack or PHP ;) We would love to hear what excites you.
All in all we are not looking for a "code-monkey" but for an idea-driven person, that loves to participate in shaping a great product. Someone who always strives to find new, cutting-edge solutions and learn new stuff.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line.
PS: We have built a successful company before: AppLift