Finance and Accounting /
HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative changes that impact the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on the side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day.
The Accounting Clerk will work closely with HONK’s Accounting and Finance teams and play a pivotal role in supporting the Accounting function at HONK. This newly created position will be responsible for processing and recording transactions, reconciling accounts, preparing reports, and making sure vendor invoices are paid accurately and timely.
Reporting directly to the Controller, this position affords great visibility throughout the company and provides the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of accounting and finance activities. This position is fully remote, candidates must be located in one of the following states: TX, UT, AL, GA, AZ or NV.
- Process payment applications on a daily basis and ensure that all payments are accurately recorded and reconciled with the bank register.
- Review job details to ensure that they are ready for automated invoice generation and generate invoice formats as needed.
- Respond to client requests and ensure that invoices are accurate before sending them out.
- Review the general ledger regularly to identify any billing inconsistencies or errors, and make recommendations for billing and accounting adjustments as needed.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements regularly, identifying and resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end close procedures, which may include preparing journal entries and reconciling expense accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules as needed.
- Create ad-hoc reports as requested by management or other departments.
- Provide support to the billing and collections teams as needed.
- Familiarity with accounting software programs (experience with Intacct is a plus).
- Intermediate excel knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload effectively.
- Proficiency with Mac OS.
- Professional background in the roadside service industry and/or customer service would be ideal.
$18 - $25 an hour
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know possible skill and confidence gaps may get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want them to get in the way of meeting you.