Visual Design Intern
San Francisco, California /
Strategy & Design /
At Hopelab, we’re united by our passion for improving the health and happiness of teens and young adults. We’re tackling big challenges from reducing loneliness in college students to boosting the resilience in LGBTQIA+ young people to curbing the vaping epidemic. We achieve these outcomes by creating tech solutions based on rigorous science, co-created with young people, and scaled through partnerships.
Hopelab is seeking a Visual Design Intern to work approximately 20-30 hours per week during the summer of 2021. We can be flexible on timing, given school schedules and other commitments. The intern will work closely with Hopelab’s Design Lead.
Projects you might take on:
- Building visual and / or interactive prototypes for various projects
- Developing early-stage brand concepts for various projects
- Developing visual assets for presentations, blog posts, social media, or other storytelling formats
- Developing materials for and participating in the human-centered design process (e.g., user interviews, co-creation sessions, synthesis, prototyping, and internal presentations)
Preferred education and experience:
- Pursuing or have recently completed a BA/BFA in a related degree (e.g. Graphic Design, Communications Design, Brand, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated range of visual skills
- Familiarity with design and prototyping programs (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with or interest in human-centered design (experience is a bonus)
- Passion for social impact
- Comfortable with sketching or prototyping ideas quickly
- Bonus: illustration or UX skills
This is a paid opportunity and a remote position.
Applications are due by Sunday, 9 May 2021 and require a resume, a brief cover letter explaining your interest in Hopelab, and a link to a portfolio highlighting your design work. Your portfolio is the most important part of your application. No late applications will be accepted.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Hopelab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.