Retail Production Manager
Watsonville, CA /
Retail Services – Retail Team /
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading non-profit agency providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 65 years! We are currently looking for highly driven individuals seeking fulfilling work to help make a difference.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University.
To supervise warehouse processing center operations and assure appropriate handling of incoming donations of clothing and household items. Support and communicate with retail operations and assure store supply requirements are met while maintaining productivity.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Own the Backroom area and ensure daily production runs smoothly.
2. Research market pricing and understand pricing strategies.
3. Manage the processing of all incoming product into specific categories.
4. Assure quality control of product in order to maintain highest product quality.
5. Assign daily responsibilities to Production workers and train staff to perform quality work.
6. Maintain adequate staffing to meet production demands.
7. Leads staff to assure a cooperative work environment for the team.
8. Create a safe work environment by complying with all building maintenance and safety practices.
9. Maintain production goals in order to achieve better sales every day.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of operations.
Experience working in retail/warehouse is desirable.
Reports To: Retail Store Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Leadership functions for daily supervision of production associates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate in a positive manner.
2. Ability to document and complete daily book keeping.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
4. Knowledge of HOPE and ability to communicate information about HOPE
5. Knowledge of what items are acceptable products and what are unwanted items.
6. Ability to supervise others and provide a learning environment.
7. Ability to stand and walk for long periods
8. Ability to lift and move 40 lb. loads
9. Use of hand trucks and hydraulic lifters and other machinery.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation or sexual identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.