Watsonville, CA /
Retail Services – Retail Team /
To represent Hope Services at our retail thrift store and provide exceptional customer service. A Cashier will be responsible for (but is not limited to) assisting customers, handling merchandise, counting cash, ensuring safety in the store, keeping the area neat and tidy.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1) Greets customers in a courteous manner
2) Maintains positive customer and employee relations.
3) Performs cash register operation and follows opening/closing procedures.
4) Assists with picking/straightening up or arranging merchandise to ensure neat, clean and safe working environment.
5) Assists with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on sales floor and mark-downs.
6) Maintains acceptable attendance, personal hygiene, and dress code standards.
7) May perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Experience in fast-paced retail environment.
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Ability to provide great customer service.
2) Ability to make quick decisions independently.
3) Ability to read, write and speak English (preferred) and have a basic math aptitude.
4) Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
5) Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
6) Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.