Retail Store Manager
Bay Area, CA /
Retail Services – Retail Team /
Are you a person who enjoys helping others? Are you currently seeking fulfillment in your professional life?
Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We seek candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels..
>>>>> Hope Services has been awarded 2022 Top Workplaces by San Francisco Chronicle, 2022 Top-rated Nonprofit by Great Nonprofits, and Received a Gold Seal of Transparency from Guidestar and a perfect 100/100 rating in three different categories: financial health, leadership and adaptability, and culture and community from Charity Navigator <<<<<
*Salary Range: $5,800.00 - $6,100.00 commensurate with experience and qualifications
Provides supervision, oversight and management of thrift store operations. Manages staff and volunteers, oversees sales, donations of merchandise, promotion of the store in the community, and internal fiscal controls.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Manages and fulfills all daily responsibilities as assigned.
2. Management of all store operations including but not limited to personnel, property, store setup, and back room processing.
3. Assures quality control of product in order to maintain highest product quality and meet customer expectations.
4. Provides high level of customer service, trains staff to perform quality customer service.
5. Maintains adequate staffing to meet store demands.
6. Supervises retail associates as assigned, providing ongoing training and support as needed.
7. Leads staff to assure a cooperative work environment for the team.
8. Assures compliance with all building maintenance and safety practices to assure a safe work environment.
9. Performs pricing of materials, assures appropriate documentation and deposit of money collected from local sales.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus
• 3 years of experience in retail management experience including
• not less than 2 years of supervisory experience OR
• An approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Ability to relate in a positive, constructive manner with staff, management and administration.
2. Knowledge of retail thrift store operations.
3. Ability to document and complete daily book keeping.
4. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
5. Knowledge of Hope and ability to communicate information about Hope
6. Knowledge managerial principles and techniques.
7. Ability to supervise. Train, and develop staff in a retail environment.
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Ability to lift and move 40 lb. loads
10. Use of hand trucks and hydraulic lifters and other machinery.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Store environment. An enclosed office environment. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout three counties. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May also include physical activity, lifting, moving and sorting large loads of materials. May be exposed to dirt and dust.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference? Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.