Development and Planned Giving Manager
San Jose, CA /
Resource Development – Development Team /
Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities since 1953! Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Development and Planned Giving Manager!
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
About the Development and Planned Giving Manager role:
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Development and Planned Giving Manager actively manages the Administration process, reporting and tracking functions of a comprehensive general development department and mature planned giving program. The Manager serves as a point of contact with the financial institution that manages the Hope Services’ life income gifts and provides donor information, as required. Serve as a technical point person for all gifts, planned giving resource and partner to the development staff, donors, and their professional advisors in order to generate and administer all gifts that achieve the donor’s philanthropic objectives.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Planned Giving program and general gifts, administration process.
· Acts as the first point of contact for Planned Giving for potential donors, financial advisors and organizations seeking to develop long term giving strategies
· Responds to donor inquiries with appropriate information on planned giving vehicles. Drafts routine correspondence and produces associated gift illustrations and contracts through the use of relevant software.
· Tracks planned giving marketing efforts and assists with portfolio reviews and management through efficient use of Hope’s CRM data base and other donor mining resources.
· Occasionally serves as a project manager, creating timelines, mailing lists, and tracking action items towards goals for marketing and cultivation activities of planned giving.
· Develops and maintains strong collaborative working relationships within the Development Department, and outside vendors and donors
· Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping Hope Services meet its goals, and act appropriately to connect those interests with organizational resources.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of charitable gift planning concepts. Through coursework, professional development, and other sources, the Manager will remain current on emerging trends and in technical knowledge in the area.
· Works with department managers to develop needs and potential giving solutions
· Provides additional documentations and reports to senior team as needed
· Bachelors degree preferred in public policy, finance, social services or similar course of study
· Minimum 3 years direct experience in planned giving, estate administration and gift processing, preferred. Experience in a related field (such as paralegal in estates and trusts law firm, or with a financial institution or within finance office of non-profit) will be considered.
· Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in preferred and general donation processing.
· Experience in a related field (such as paralegal in estates and trusts law firm, or with a financial institution or within finance office of non-profit) will be considered.
· Experience in setting up and maintaining electronic donor base
· Commitment to the mission and values of Hope Services
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to speak professionally to small and large groups
· Empathy and understanding working with donors
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Considerable traveling throughout a broad local territory. Visits to current and future donor events and Hope locations. Constant exposure to outdoor conditions, weather, dust and pollens. Physical lifting and moving event materials from location to location. Work at computer terminals and on the telephone, report writing, work alone as well as closely with others, sitting for periods of time in meetings and use of office environment; produce work on computers/office equipment.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.