Director - Programs for People with Developmental Disabilities
Santa Cruz, CA /
Program Management – Program Management Team /
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities since 1953! Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Director to act as the lead executive for our range of programs and services in the Santa Cruz County region.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
About the Director role:
To establish an interface with local community life and all Hope programs. Develop community partnerships and connections. Provide oversight including all service and fiscal operation in local region. Ensure program quality and fiscal viability.
Principle Responsibilities of the Director role:
1. Lead local development and implementation of services and operations, directs new business and service design, leads divisional efforts toward quality improvement.
2. Build local community through partnerships including local colleges, chamber, legislators and service clubs. Builds family partnerships through communications.
3. Supervision of program managers. Leads divisional efforts of staff development.
4. Works in the agency planning effort to design and implement programs and services supporting the long-term consumer goals.
5. Performs continual evaluation of community and funding agency needs for development of new services. Recommend and design plans for continual improvement.
6. Responsible for financial planning and budgeting as well as monitoring and forecasting for assigned district.
7. Assures regulatory and contractual compliance of all program and operational services under area of assignment. Leads the highest standards for a safe work environment.
8. Works cooperatively with Development/Foundation staff to develop donors and development programs in the district. Assures community outreach/public relations program within district.
9. Negotiates new contracts and services, develops positive working relationships with funders and regulatory agencies.
10. Attends and participates in meetings of the Board of Directors, and assigned Sub-Committees providing staff support and making presentations and reports as needed.
11. Participates in conferences, seminars and other opportunities to ensure staying abreast of current trends and practices in services and management.
12. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
13. May perform other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
The Director should possess a Master’s degree in a related field plus 5-7 years of administrative experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment is preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
2. Knowledge of community outreach/education
3. Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
4. Excellent written communications
5. Ability to analyze data and produce reports
6. Ability to lead and manage change
An enclosed office environment. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout the district and to other HOPE districts. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.