Job Coach, On-Call
Gilroy, CA /
Community Employment Services – Supported Employment Team /
Provides individualized service to HOPE clients to assess and remediate personal and social barriers, which inhibit success in community settings. May also provide job-site training and intervention as assigned for HOPE clients place in community employment settings and work closely with clients and employers to determine job training goals and ongoing success. Assures quality of services provided, are consistent with HOPE’s mission and values.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Provides needed supports to assure client success in employment placements. Evaluation, training, goal setting and follow-up services for successful job retention.
2. Acts as a liaison with the employer, providing training and supports, consultation on employment related issues for success of long term employment.
3. Acts as a program monitor to assigned clients, provides advocacy and referrals as needed. Assists clients with accommodations and ADA related issues.
4. Complies with employer policies and procedures while assigned to their locations.
5. Represents the Agency in the community. Maintains a professional relationship with family members, employers, and funding sources.
6. Completes all required reports and documentation, maintains complete and accurate case files, conducts annual and semi-annual meetings, prepares individualized service plans.
7. Assures compliance with Agency and departmental safety and confidentiality standards.
8. Works independently in the community, develops and implements instructional plans, social skill training and provides interventions as needed.
9. Works in a variety of settings and assignments as needed to accommodate changing needs and or requests by contracting employers, including hours of work and location.
10. Performs task analysis and time studies for wage evaluations as required by DOL.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. May perform other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Reports To: Program Coordinator or Site Manager
Supervisory Responsibility none
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1 Ability to understand and relate to individuals with disabilities, their families, the community and HOPE personnel.
2. Flexibility in scheduling of work hours, location and type of assignments within the greater service region.
3. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with all Employment Services staff as well as with the client and employers.
5. Ability to teach good work habits and social skills to individuals with developmental disabilities in a variety of settings.
6. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
7. Basic computer knowledge.
8. Ability to perform all duties associated with time study development
9. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of normalization.
10. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
11. Ability to transport self and clients to multiple employer locations as needed.
Physical & Environmental Conditions
Extensive amount of time driving and transporting clients in the local community, standing and walking. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; use of machinery in a production environment as well as large equipment at employer locations.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.