Facilities Maintenance Technician
San Jose, CA /
Facilities – Facilities Maintenance Team /
To perform general building maintenance and supervise the repair and upkeep of assigned facilities. May include outreach and support to all HOPE sites. Assures good customer service and business practices.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Perform daily maintenance of assigned buildings/grounds.
2. Performs quality repair and assures adequate maintenance through scheduling and documentation.
3. Prepares all required reports as needed and assures accurate documentation is maintained.
4. Assures compliance with agency safety practices and OSHA standards are maintained.
5. Responds to customer calls, complaints, suggestions and feedback. Assures customer satisfaction.
6. Performs and supervises painting of building interiors.
7. Performs periodic quality control through monitoring and confirmation calls.
8. Performs minor repair of plumbing and HVAC.
9. Monitors the maintenance and repair of machinery and or equipment.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of program.
High School diploma or GED, plus four years of related work experience including supervision or working with people with developmental disabilities. Additional business related experience and/or education may be required depending on the assignment.
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
2. Basic computer knowledge.
3. Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of quality service and product to internal and external customers.
4. Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision, planning, fiscal management,
5. Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of quality service and product to internal and external customers
6. Knowledge of the principles of repair, maintenance and safety regulations.
7. Ability to observe, evaluate, document verbally and in writing.
8. California Drivers License
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Depending on assignment, may work indoors or outdoors. Extensive exposure to lifting, bending, twisting and crawling. May be required to handle heavy machinery, use computers, telephones and drive to locations. Exposure to noise, dust and pollens.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.