Santa Clara, CA /
Recycle/Re-Use Program – R2 Team /
Receiving and securing donated items at the assigned community drop locations. Priority for Donation Attendant position is to provide assistance to valued Hope donors.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of Donation Attendant position. A worker in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Provides good customer service to all visitors at the assigned location. Represents HOPE in the community.
2. Accepts donated materials and provides the customer with a receipt.
3. Prepares material for pick by HOPE trucks. Separates clothing from miscellaneous materials, stores appropriately.
4. Maintains a neat storage unit and assures security of all materials.
5. Loads and unloads donated materials as needed.
6. Locks and unlocks station at the start and finish of each shift.
7. Calls in all concerns and issues to home base. Reports all losses and customer complaints in a timely manner.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of operation.
No formal education required, 1 year related OTJ training/experience working in a position providing customer service.
Reports To: Salvage Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to read and speak English
2. Ability to maintain good rapport with staff and public
3. Knowledge of proper lifting procedures
4. Understand safety rules and regulations that pertain to job
5. Ability to work alone
6. Good judgement and trustworthiness.
Constant exposure to outdoor conditions, weather, dust and pollens. Frequent lifting and moving of donated materials, storage of supplies. Frequent communications with visitors.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.