Licensed Mental Health Clinician
San Jose, CA /
Mental Health Services – Clinical Services Team /
Are you a person who enjoys helping others? Are you currently seeking fulfillment in your professional life?
Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We seek candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels..
>>>>> Hope Services has been awarded 2022 Top Workplaces by San Francisco Chronicle, 2022 Top-rated Nonprofit by Great Nonprofits, and Received a Gold Seal of Transparency from Guidestar and a perfect 100/100 rating in three different categories: financial health, leadership and adaptability, and culture and community from Charity Navigator <<<<<
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently seeking a Mandarin-speaking Licensed Mental Health Clinician for our world-class Mental Health Services program.
*Salary Range: 85k to 95k commensurate with Education and Experience
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
About the Licensed Mental Health Clinician role:
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician provides assessment and diagnosis to clients with dual diagnosis, provides individual, group and family psychotherapy, prepares individual service and coordination plans, documents clinical outcomes and acts as an advocate.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities of the Licensed Health Clinician:
1. Provides individual, group and family therapy to persons with a developmental disability who are diagnosed with severe mental illness.
2. Utilize professional education and training to diagnose and treat the clients’ mental illnesses.
3. Provide psychotherapy to empower clients to identify and manager their psychiatric symptoms to enable them to be maximally functional in the larger community.
4. Constantly assess clients for potential harm to self, harm to others, or potential victimization and take appropriate measures to maintain safety. This includes, initiate involuntary hospitalizations when necessary to maintain safety.
5. Use professional training and credential to advocate for clients with other agencies, educate other agencies to recognize and deal with the needs of clients who have a developmental disability and are diagnosed with a mental illness.
6. Develop relapse prevention strategies with clients and their support systems to prevent future psychiatric hospitalizations and loss of community placements.
7. Participate as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team designed to maximally meet th ps8ychiatric and psychological needs of clients.
9. Regularly attend training to update and keep current skills and maintain license.
9. Maintain appropriate treatment records and documentation as required.
10. Other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of the program.
Qualifications of the Licensed Mental Health Clinician:
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician should possess current licensure current as a LCSW, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist and experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
Required Skills of the Licensed Mental Health Clinician
1 Basic computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet application.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
4. Knowledge of disabilities and the biological, psychological and social models.
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
6. Knowledge of psychotherapy.
7. Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary team and family dynamics.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primarily works in an office environment. Long periods of sitting. Some use of computer for record keeping, periods of intense concentration. Some travel to satellite locations, exposure to outdoor conditions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference? Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.