San Jose, CA /
Mental Health Services – Clinical Services Team /
Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Under direction of department MD’s and Director of HOPE Counseling Services, provides medical treatment, medication support and rehabilitation services for individuals with mental illness and developmental disabilities utilizing clinical knowledge and judgment. Consults with staff as needed. Provides other services that contribute to the achievement of work unit goals and objectives.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Evaluate clients, within scope of practice, for symptoms of illness, responses to treatment, general behaviors and general physical condition. Provide treatment services, within scope of practice, working individually or in groups. Administer first aid and CPR in emergency situations.
2. Note physician orders and follow through as needed. Assist clients in seeking and/or receiving medical care.
3. Implement client medication support systems, including maintenance of medicine supply and upkeep of medical equipment and ensures compliance with applicable health and safety or other regulatory requirements.
4. Coordinate and schedule client visits with physicians.
5. Serve as a member of the treatment team and participate in crisis intervention. Provide support and appropriate supervision of clients as required.
6. Complete clinical records and other required documentation in accordance with agency, payer and regulatory requirements, utilizing paper or computer technology as required.
7. Assure program facilities are clean and well kept, encouraging clients and/or staff in necessary tasks. Implement systems which monitor first aid supplies and disaster plans.
8. Participate in management of team/program discretionary resources available to meet client needs.
9. Maintains responsibility for audits of our charts by SCCMH pharmacy.
10. Attend and participate in staff, program, agency and community meetings and training as required.
11. Provide transportation in personal or agency vehicle, including but not limited to the transportation of clients and/or program supplies for agency business.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Psychiatric Technician, Page 2
Education and Experience: Completion of an accredited or Licensed Psychiatric Technician program and at least two years human service experience required. Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related field may substitute one year of human service experience. Previous experience working with the target population preferred. One year of experience in a mental health setting is required two or more years experience preferred.
License: Current registration with the State of California as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician is required. Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required. A valid California driver's license, current car insurance, and a good driving record, as documented by a DMV report.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to implement, monitor and support treatment processes; to develop individual treatment plans; to assess general health conditions, reactions to medications or other treatment, and the need for medical intervention; to complete clinical administrative documentation; and the ability to work effectively with persons differing in value systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language capabilities and disabilities.
Special Requirements: Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations and HOPE practices. Must be physically able to assist clients and/or staff in the evacuation of program facilities in emergency situations. Must be able to administer First Aid and CPR in emergency situations.
Reports To: Director or Manager, Counseling Center as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1 Basic computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet application.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
4. Knowledge of substance abuse, mental illness, and developmental disabilities.
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
6. Knowledge of medication management.
7. Knowledge and ability to conduct group and to handle emergency situations.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
9. Possess a valid CA Driver’s License and maintains reliable transportation
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Extensive amount of time driving and transporting clients in the local community. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; frequent use of phones for consultation and follow-up. Occasional computer work for documentation, written notes. The following are required in day-to-day performance of the duties of this position: Standing, Walking, Sitting, Pinching and Finger Flexion, and Visual/Auditory Acuity are required constantly (over 2/3 of the workday); Lifting/Carrying, Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping, Crouching/Kneeling, and Twisting are required occasionally (under 1/3 of the workday); Balancing, Climbing and Crawling are generally not required.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.