San Jose, CA /
Retail Services – Retail Team /
Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
To price assigned departmental merchandise in order to receive maximum value. Also, ensure an adequate supply of seasonal merchandise by sorting out-of-season merchandise.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Perform quality control, and dispose of unsellable merchandise according to store's disposal policies.
2. Affix price tags to items according to standardized price lists or research of what the item is going for on the secondhand market.
3. Maintain target price per item
4. Supplies a sufficient quantity (according to performance standards) of merchandise daily to assigned departments.
5. Place priced items on display, maintain neatness and cleanliness of displays.
6. Maintain neatness and cleanliness of donation receiving area, back office, and storage units.
7. May perform other tasks as assigned.
Experience working in a retail, thrift, or clothing store is desirable.
Reports To:Retail Production Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate in a positive manner.
2. Ability to read, write and communicate properly.
3. Ability to identify merchandise quality and price it competitively.
4. Knowledge of what items are acceptable products and what are unwanted items.
5. Ability to stand at a work station for long periods
6. Ability to lift and move 40 lb. loads
7. Use of hand trucks and hydraulic lifters and other machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Store environment. Constant physical activity, lifting, moving and sorting large loads of materials all day long. May be exposed to dirt and dust.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.