Senior Data Scientist | NY-New York
New York City, NY
Data Science – Member Analytics
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? The Member Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
This position will work within a cross-functional team, delivering predictive analytics solutions to drive customer engagement and next-best-action, and improve customer experience across critical journeys, e.g., onboarding, breast cancer, maternity. The candidate will be responsible for extracting and manipulating data from multiple, large data sources and using the data to deliver predictive model and solutions to drive member behavior change and experience across channels (mobile app, web, email, social, call center, Apple)
- Develops and/or uses advanced algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Uses strong programming skills to explore, analyze and interpret large volumes of data in various forms, and solve complex business problems
- Supports deployment of insights across multiple channels, i.e., web, mobile app, email, social, call center, Apple watch
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to peers, managers, and business partners
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Expertise in using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models
- Expertise in data management in a Hadoop environment, including use of Hive
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Some knowledge of health care industry preferred