(Remote) Senior Product Manager - Growth, Referrals & Team Buy
Growth – Product Management /
About the Job
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead new Social Commerce initiatives on our Growth Team.
For context, Hopper is the most downloaded travel booking app in North America, with over 60M installs to date and $423M raised. We did well over $1B in sales last year and weathered COVID with triple-digit revenue growth thanks to our proprietary suite of data-driven fintech products.
Our team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, retain and acquire new users at scale. We’ll create a wide range of new ways to earn discounts and lower prices by sharing Hopper with friends, through features like a referral program, discount gifting, earning when friends spend, and group discounts.
Ultimately, our objective is to add a multiplayer layer to all of the single-player features we have built so far. We aren’t starting from scratch - 60% of our installs are organic, coming mostly from word-of-mouth. That said, we have the opportunity to turn this sharing activity into our largest driver of user growth and build a growth loop that will accelerate over time.
- Manage Hopper's referral program, and build new features that make Hopper better with friends (group trip planning tools, team buying, group exclusive discounts etc.)
- Manage a Product Growth roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis: collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, drive execution, and report on the impact
- Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Work with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives
- Partner with design to ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe
- Pare down an ideal feature to the minimum viable product: identify what's essential for us to know if this is a good idea, what's not, and how we can limit cost and risk
- Understand complex technical issues, discern impact, and be able to explain the situation to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- 4+ years experience as a product manager
- Experience working on viral growth, referral programs, invite flows, guild mechanics, social commerce, or other sharing-based growth strategies
- Track record of building and launching innovative products that drove business growth
- Strong creative skills - you can come up with and test experimental product features that go beyond iterative or obvious improvements to the product
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!