Senior Software Engineer, IOS - Europe Expansion
Barcelona, Spain /
International – Engineering /
About the Job
A stellar opportunity to make a massive impact: Join a growing team in Europe in a company that is continually redefining how people travel. Our Supply - Europe team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling, improving and operating our direct integrations platform across the board.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers. You have strong software, data modeling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Build innovative user experiences, setting code and performance standards.
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems.
- Build, own and generally maintain our vendor integration microservices.
- Contribute to improvements in a microservices architecture system.
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth.
- Seize great opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years professional experience building and maintaining systems leveraging complex modelling and data at scale.
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale.
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales.
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs.
- Professional programming experience with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Very generous parental leave
- Wellness benefit
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!