Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)- B2B Travel
United States /
B2B – Engineering /
About the job
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on the availability, reliability and operational excellence of Hopper's B2B Travel offerings. We're looking for passionate engineers that enjoy partnering with product development teams to build, deploy and maintain solutions for our customers and business partners. You will leverage your understanding of public cloud architecture applied to Hopper's software stack, to design and implement solutions that are secure, scalable and operationally sound.
Are you ready to come help architect the future Hopper with us? The perfect candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to effectively add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
In This Role You Will
- Ensure the availability and reliability of all travel portals.
- Ensure adequate documentation and training on site reliability measures for all on-call engineers in the B2B Travel organization
- Seek out opportunities for improving our customer experience by measurably driving down time to detection and resolution of incidents- Identify parts of our system that will not scale or meet future reliability requirements and provide actionable solutions to these shortcomings.
- Understand customer impact of outages, handle escalations, troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- (Participate in on-call rotation as needed)- Collect and analyze technical troubleshooting evidence
- Act as a subject matter expert for the product development team
- Act as the customer advocate for application quality and reliability
- Collaborate with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production and respond to outages to minimize impact on customers. Collaborate with B2B partner technical teams to improve our overall operational readiness
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Experience running a mission-critical business service at scale
- Experience defining and implementing Service Level Indicators and Service Level Objectives that reflect customer experience and impact
- Experience maintaining error budgets and using them to inform product work - Expertise with GCP and/or AWS.
- Experience using and supporting gRPC, OpenAPI or other frameworks to facilitate microservice development
- Experience working with configuration, CI/CD and orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Ansible, etc)
- Experience monitoring services and infrastructure, log collection, analytics, and application performance monitoring (APM)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong background in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
- A strong bias to impactful action, including an eagerness to automate
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to use influence as effectively as direct control
A Plus If You Have
- Fluency in least one modern programming language (Python, Go, Scala, etc)
- Working Knowledge of Terraform, Vault and other DevOps/Service tools
- Experience mentoring and training other team members
More about Hopper
Hopper is valued at $3.5bn making us the 5th most valuable travel business in the world. We’re best known as a travel app and we just raised a further $175m from a funding round led by GPI Capital. Our investors also include Goldman Sachs and Capital One for whom we exclusively power their travel portal.
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better. It’s cheaper to purchase travel with Hopper!
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 60 million times and sees over 1.9 million new installs per month. Our revenue growth is up 330% versus 2020 as we continue to outperform market recovery.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants. Come take off with us!