United Kingdom /
Hotels – Product /
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper’s Lodging Supply team is responsible for the breadth, depth and quality of the hotel and alternative accommodation inventory that we offer to our users. Due to the fragmented nature of the industry, we multi-source from traditional OTA “retailers”, bed bank “wholesalers”, as well as growing direct supply from the hotels themselves.
Our customers expect to find the right hotel at the best price, with comprehensive choice, an informative and reliable shopping experience and consistent options for refundability and payment schedule. This creates numerous supply challenges including supply coverage, metadata quality, deduplication, shopping latency, and price competitiveness. Ramping up our volume of higher margin direct supply will also be a key driver of our paid growth velocity, but brings greater integration challenges than simple third-party APIs.
We’re seeking a rockstar product manager with deep technical expertise to lead product development for all of our lodging supply infrastructure. The PM will work with a multidisciplinary engineering, data-science, and design team and partner with our business development as well as external providers to optimize our lodging inventory.
On any given day - whether you’re defining KPIs, weighing the cost-benefit of new product features, scoping and specifying solutions, shepherding features through development and QA, or evaluating new technology partners - your decisions will be critical to the success of Hopper’s lodging marketplace. You are a scrappy, creative, technically-minded, hands-on “doer” who is equally comfortable talking APIs and architecture with engineers, or discussing business models and margins with our partners. You will find innovative ways to increase our supply revenue by better meeting our customer demand.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with multiple technology and lodging partners to source our lodging inventory and related metadata
- Create business cases to prioritize connectivity and infrastructure projects, using a deep understanding of complex technical issues and business impact to articulate tradeoffs to stakeholders
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Partner with our data scientists to gain a deep understanding of the breadth and depth of our supply coverage, quality and price competitiveness and identify opportunities to improve our bottom line
- Ideate and evaluate product features and strategic opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative research to further differentiate Hopper to both our lodging partners and customers
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assess market competition by identifying relevant points of comparison and establishing appropriate benchmarks for Hopper’s products
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- At least 3 years working in a product management role with an online consumer brand
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
- Strong ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- A track record of evaluating product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
- Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus