Product Manager, Growth
Growth – Product /
Hopper launched an incentives program in 2020 in order to activate and engage millions of our existing users. After an unprecedented year for the travel industry, we’re looking for a Product Manager to help us scale customer growth sustainably in 2021 through innovative incentive campaigns and designing a new loyalty program, all the while building on the technical infrastructure to keep the platform running smoothly.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work with a cross-functional team of product designers, data scientists, and engineers to incrementally build a robust incentives and loyalty platform with delightful yet pragmatic user experience to engage and retain our customers.
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of product and technical features from inception through implementation; collect and document requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution.
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions to UX features or complex technical issues, and document and communicate projects to maximum clarity with respect to its intended resolution and expected impact to the business.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Delivered delightful features at scale in a consumer product management role
- Experience analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy
- Data fluency and SQL knowledge to self-serve data questions
- Technical depth and ability to effectively lead conversations with engineers and data scientists
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving, considering all sides of a problem and the short and long term impact of each decision
NICE TO HAVE:
- Ability to engage the team and facilitate cross-functional collaboration and high organizational skills to manage deadlines and juggle priorities
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing
- Knowledge of incentives, retention or loyalty programs a plus
- Exposure to GCP or AWS based data pipelines a plus
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.