Senior Software Engineer - iOS - Flights
United States /
Air – Engineering /
About the job
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join one of our Flights Marketplace teams and help us build the best travel app, providing Hopper customers with the best experience and lowest prices for their flights. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
The Flights Marketplace group is responsible for delivering the best user experience in Hopper Android and iOS apps when searching and booking flights. We build the best and most convenient way to search for flights, providing the user with the information needed to help them understand the different options and make an informed choice. Booking flights is complicated by many different classes and options but we decipher and present all of that in an easy meaningful way. We work on all kinds of filters to help the user slice and dice until they find their best flights. We add products like seats, bags, frequent flyer, check in, to be the best travel companion.
As a mobile developer you will obsess about UI and user experience. You will also move quickly and help us experiment and iterate fast. You will collaborate with developers, product managers, designers, data scientists and break down sophisticated problems into small pieces suitable for quick iterations.
• Create delightful user experiences in our app (iOS)
• Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative user experiences
• Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
• Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency and quality
• Passion for building engaging user experiences
• Excelled in an environment with cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
• 4+ years professional experience in iOS development
• Good understanding of Swift and the iOS mobile platform
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!