Seattle, WA /
What we do
Hopthru's mission is to help make public transportation the most compelling mode of urban travel.
With an estimated additional 2.5 billion people living in cities by 2050, we must embrace modes of transportation that are proven to be more efficient than single occupancy vehicles. Transit can decrease congestion, lower carbon emission levels and provide an equitable solution for all city dwellers.
How we do it
Hopthru builds data tools for some of the most innovative and advanced transportation systems in North America. We help public transit agencies gather, clean and interpret their data, allowing them to streamline operations, surface problems and plan for a better future.
About this role
As an Account Executive, you will guide prospective agencies through the entire sales pipeline, from first conversation to deal closed. Your role will be to introduce Hopthru, identify where their needs align with our capabilities and strategize on how best to guide an engagement from investigation to launch.
Within two weeks you will...
- Understand Hopthru and the value it provides to our partner agencies
- Begin tracking your tasks and activity
- Create your first outreach campaign
- Participate in your first sales call
Within one month you will...
- Master our pipeline process
- Lead your first sales call and drive a product demo
Within 3 months, you will...
- Independently own your individual sales goals
- Lead team demos
- Develop a closing plan with a prospective agency
Within 5 months, you will...
- Close your first deal!
- Research transit agencies to understand and document their upcoming transit initiatives.
- Identify the right contacts at the agencies we should be speaking to that are interested in improving their networks.
- Introduce Hopthru to agencies through a combination of tactful emails, phone calls and other mediums we haven't yet tried.
- Travel to conferences to meet with transit agencies face-to-face and help portray the value of Hopthru.
- Work to develop account-based plans that strategically target and nurture accounts.
- Develop closing plans with prospective agencies to convert them into customers.
We're looking for someone who
- Can engage with planners, operational staff, and executives at a transit agency about their challenges and upcoming projects.
- Is able to conduct research and anticipate agency needs before directly engaging with them.
- Excels at communicating over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Loves to build relationships.
- Is able to learn from failure. Just because we don't get the opportunity to work with an agency at present, doesn't mean we won't in the future.
- Enjoys traveling to conferences and meeting agencies onsite.
Growth at Hopthru
As a new team at Hopthru, we're hyper-focused on strategizing and executing plans that expand our impact on the transit industry. We believe the best way to do so is to have a deep understanding of the problems that prospective customers face and precisely matching our solutions to their needs. Our conversations are consultative and heavily focused on discovery. We have an outsized passion for the industry we serve and know that our success is rooted in transit's success.
Hopthru is at the very beginning of its journey. By joining us as one of our earliest employees, you will have a direct impact on our trajectory as a company and our strategic direction. We embrace collaboration, innovation, and new ways of thinking. Every employee will have a seat at the table and the power to influence our future.