Back-end Engineer - Singapore
R&D – Engineering /
BUILDING A SAFER CYBERSPACE
At Horangi, we’re passionate about building a safer cyberspace and creating software that solves challenging cybersecurity problems. Horangi focuses on building partnerships with our customers, developing an understanding of their business goals and building a security strategy that helps achieve their objectives. Horangi’s personnel have an extensive engineering experience and strong background in penetration testing, incident response and strategic consulting including both large multinational networks and small organizations with focused missions. We enjoy solving tough security problems and we are eager to find new challenges and build new relationships.
Horangi is looking for a back-end engineer to join our tigers team working on cybersecurity. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects– helping evolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality.
- Build robust and scalable software in Python and/or Go
- Design and create services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Good understanding and experience of Python Flask, PostgreSQL, Dockers, AWS, Linux, Agile development
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- It will be a great advantage if you’re skilled at Go, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, CloudFormation
- You’re so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we’d want to join you.