CyberOps Senior Consultant - Incident Response
CyOps – CyberOps
Building a Safer Cyberspace:
At Horangi, we’re passionate about building a safer cyberspace and creating software that solves challenging cybersecurity problems. Horangi focuses on building partnerships with our customers, developing an understanding of their business goals and building a security strategy that helps achieve their objectives. Horangi’s personnel have an extensive engineering experience and strong background in penetration testing, incident response and strategic consulting including both large multinational networks and small organizations with focused missions. We enjoy solving tough security problems and we are eager to find new challenges and build new relationships.
The key responsibility of Incident Response Consultants in an incident response engagement is to facilitate an orderly and efficient response to a highly stressful situation by applying established methods, considerable expertise, and level-headed leadership to crisis management activities.
Members of the CyberOps team are generally familiar with most aspects of cybersecurity but this candidate will specialize in incident response.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct host forensics, network, forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations.
- Utilize Horangi’s stack technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine endpoint and network-based sources of evidence.
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations.
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Horangi’s incident investigation processes.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
- Work with security and IT operations at clients to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, participating in investigations from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff.
Skills needed :
- Crisis Management
- Digital Evidence Collection
- Computer Forensics
- Malware Analysis
You should also come with around 5 years or more in a client facing, consultative role with 3 to 5 years of computer forsensics experience
Desired Qualifications :
- Willingness to travel if required
- SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner
- SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst
- CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst
- CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst
- CREST Certified Network Intrusion Analyst
- CREST Certified Host Intrusion Analyst
- CREST Certified Malware Reverse Engineer
- CREST Certified Incident Manager