System Developer - Jakarta
R&D – Engineering
System Developer Role (Startup, Permanent Role, CBD Singapore)
At Horangi, we’re passionate about building a safer cyberspace and creating software that solves challenging cybersecurity problems. Horangi focuses on building partnerships with our customers, developing an understanding of their business goals and building a security strategy that helps achieve their objectives. Horangi’s personnel have an extensive engineering experience and strong background in penetration testing, incident response and strategic consulting including both large multinational networks and small organizations with focused missions. We enjoy solving tough security problems and we are eager to find new challenges and build new relationships.
Horangi reviews the root cause of our clients' problems, strive to provide a holistic solution across the product lifecycle. We build a dynamically growing scalable product. Members of our service team have a wide range of skills and expertise which cover all aspects of cybersecurity. We are looking for a Go Developer to join our "Tigers Team" working to cover all aspects of cybersecurity. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects – helping evolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality. Our engineering teams work closely with our service teams and aspire to provide excellent scalable products to our clients. That synergy allows us to provide a relevant, simple and scalable product.
The role of System Developer includes:
- Building robust and scalable software in Go and C#/ObjC for Linux, Windows and Mac
- Designing and creating services and system architecture for projects, and to contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Helping to improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Working with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translating it into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Diving into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Building Security as a Service platform consisting of Hunter, Scanner, Gatherer, Analyzer, and Storyfier
- Universal collectors - We build Hunter with Go and deploy it across multiple operating systems
- Scalable scanners covering all aspects of cybersecurity
- Gatherer and Analyzer are built with the latest cloud technologies and process data of the new scale
- Storyfier reflects elegance of a tiger
- Cutting edge data storage and data transmission technologies
WHAT WE LOOK FOR (must have)
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Go
- Experience in C# or Swift
- Bonus points if experienced in both C# and Swift
- Shell scripting for Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Solid understanding in Linux.
- Solid understanding of Mac and/or Windows internals.
- Good understanding and experience in SQL, Dockers, AWS, Linux, Agile development
WHAT WE LOOK FOR (good to have)
- System development
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- It will be a great advantage if you’re skilled in GraphQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, CloudFormation
- You’re so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we’d want to join you
Ideal candidate is someone with love for software and cybersecurity but yet, understands that we are solving people’s problems. We build stuff and we spend considerable time on-site with clients to discover problems, devise solution and design integrated products. Then we scale them across all clients. Having experience in cybersecurity and software engineering is a must.