System Engineer (Network team)
Kaunas, Vilnius, Hybrid
Become part of the world’s fastest-growing web hosting company!
Join Hostinger, where we build world-class solutions for anyone to easily succeed online. Our team of 900 high-spirited professionals is behind the success of 2 million clients across 150 countries, helping them bring their e-shops, blogs, and talent-showcasing websites to life.
We constantly deliver top-tier web hosting, VPS, and reliable email services. Powered by 10 global data centers, our network manages hundreds of thousands of IP addresses, thousands of servers, and handles over 100 Gbps of traffic. Embracing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and rigorous automated tests, we ensure optimal performance and resilience. Every website we host, VPS we deploy, and email we facilitate speaks to our commitment to excellence.
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer specializing in Network Engineering to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in modern network infrastructure, best practices, and cutting-edge technologies, ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of our in-house and customer-facing network services.
Sounds like a career opportunity you’ve been seeking? We’d love to hear more about your experience and aspirations.
What You Will Do:
- Design, deploy, and maintain network infrastructure based on Linux OS, Cumulus Linux, and Sonic OS.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex network issues across multiple platforms and architectures.
- Monitor network performance, ensuring high availability and redundancy.
- Collaborate with the DevOps and System engineers teams to integrate network features and solutions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the application and network ecosystem to effectively support and manage production services.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of network automation tools and processes.
- Implement security policies and procedures, ensuring the safety and integrity of our networks.
- Provide mentoring and training to junior network engineers.
- Stay updated with the latest in networking technologies, tools, and best practices.
What We Expect:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in supporting enterprise-level Network environments.
- Proficiency in Linux OS (Debian / Red Hat platforms).
- Deep understanding of network protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, STP, VRRP and more.
- Experience with Traditional 3-Tier network Architecture and Spine-leaf network Architecture.
- Experience with network automation tools like Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Solid understanding of network security best practices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience using packet analysis tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication in both Lithuanian and English.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and a knack for problem-solving.
- You are a constant learner, who loves Linux, is truly passionate about IT, engineering, and people.
- Familiarity with networking operating systems, particularly Sonic and Cumulus Linux.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working in a multicultural or international environment.
- Prior experience in a rapidly growing start-up or tech environment.
- Proven track record of implementing innovative solutions in the field of system engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes and standards.
- Bash, Python or Go scripting experience.
What We Offer:
- A culture where everyone values the highest standards, freedom, and responsibility.
- Ability to take the lead and orchestrate changes together - no waiting line for your ideas and projects to become reality.
- (Exceptional)-being: active challenges, onsite & online fitness classes, and wellness workshops.
- Unlimited growth: Manager’s Academy, Coachhub, Reforge, Scribd learning tools, and invitations to the World’s best conferences. We prioritize the development and career progression of our team members, providing them with challenging roles and learning opportunities.
- Exceptional-being: active challenges, onsite & online fitness classes, and wellness workshops.
- Hybrid work: combine modern office excitement in Kaunas and Vilnius with the comfort of working from home.
- A health insurance package for your well-being.
- Workations & quarterly OKR parties.
- Gross salary from 3500 EUR/month (depends on your experience).
Unlock ambition. Apply NOW. Scale Success!