Linux System Administrator (Email Hosting Team)
Are you a constant learner who loves technology?
Hostinger is a world-class web hosting company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. Our team consists of 1000+ curious and high-spirited professionals working worldwide.
As a System Administrator, you will help to build, monitor, maintain, automate, and support our growing global infrastructure, to enable our customers to use the services without a glitch. You will be working besides other System, Software, and Network engineers. You will dig deep, constantly learn, and gain knowledge to become the next top-level talent.
We operate on a large scale - Hostinger has over 1500 servers running on bare-metal, virtualization, and cloud.
About the team:
- You will join a growing team of Email Hosting System Administrators, as well as a whole tribe of System Engineers of different levels of seniority in other teams, ranging from juniors, to some of the top-level talents in the field.
- We encourage teams to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment.
What you will do:
- Deploy, and run our infrastructure (systems, and services) using IaC tools, and automation;
- Monitor, and maintain availability, performance, capacity, and reliability of the whole infrastructure;
- Document every action (runbook) so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation;
- Develop new tools to monitor infrastructure (systems, and services);
- Work hand to hand with senior System engineers to research, build, and deploy systems, and services;
- Be on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening, responding to incidents and providing support to our Customer Success agents to analyze service problems from the client’s perspective, advise them, and push for changes so that these service problems never happen again.
What we expect:
- You are a constant learner, self-improving, self-motivated, self-aware, not afraid to take upon challenges, question the status quo, and go an extra mile;
- Team player’s mindset (especially Ownership);
- Good background in Linux administration (1+ years);
- At least basic knowledge of IaC & automation tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform etc.);
- You can code in at least one higher level language - GoLang, Python, PHP, Bash, Ruby, or other languages;
- You have at least basic knowledge of how networks work (TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, Bridging, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, BGP and all those smart words);
- You know what are Email Systems made of, and how they work.
What we offer:
- An interesting journey, big challenges, and technology stack so wide it will be hard to remember them all.
- Ability to work on large scale systems, used by millions of customers worldwide.
- A culture which actually values high standards - we dive deep and strive for the best results;
- Seriously experienced, self-motivated, self-aware, and self-improving colleagues;
- Work in a culture which promotes freedom - we don’t wait or want to be told what to do, we love freedom and focus;
- Anything you need for your continuous professional development – access to the world’s best conferences, amazing training courses, reference books, team building activities, and workshops;
- A friendly, supportive and experienced team that is eager to share their knowledge and spend time with you;
- A health insurance package for your wellness;
- Remote work options, as well as access to our brand new and modern office based in the city centre;
- Gross salary from 2000 Eur/month (depends on your experience).
You are dangerously close to launching your career to new heights. Feel no fear. Take action.
Hit the moon! Apply now!