Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Product & Design – Product
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates on your mobile device for tonight, tomorrow, and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we're looking for a Senior Product Designer to do just that.
When you join HotelTonight, you'll work on our hotel-facing web app known as HTx. This app is used by our partners to manage and load inventory, gain insights into their market, and deliver great deals to our customers. You will be responsible for all the details of this innovative web platform, collaborating closely with internal stakeholders across product, engineering, supply and marketing. You’ll work alongside a lean Product Design team and report to the Director of Product Design.
The Design culture at HotelTonight is strong. Our aim is to make all our experiences fun, beautiful and easy to use. We pride ourselves in creating a world-class user experience for our customers and hotel partners. We are looking for a designer to champion our philosophy of applying user-centered design to fuel our growing business. This is a great opportunity for someone who obsesses about users and loves to make decisions based on data. You enjoy understanding complex systems and can create new solutions that make them feel simple.
Read more about how Design influenced our CEO's career here!
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Participate in explorations, critique sessions and stand ups with the broader design team
- Become familiar with our hotel partner types and how our marketplace works
- Learn how our hotel partners use our marketplace, its major features and pain points
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Contribute ideas and solutions at different levels of fidelity to improve the hotels experience
- Build prototypes to explore or evaluate design solutions
- Conduct user research sessions to evaluate your solutions and discover new use cases
- Design features and measure the impact on usability through testing
- Give and receive feedback with your team and cross functional team members
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Lead the vision of the hotel platform with design thinking, contributing concepts that directly inform the roadmap
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Supply to create and validate design solutions
- Plan, lead and synthesize user research to better understand the needs of our hotel partners
- Design solutions and measure improved usability of the hotel platform experience
- Build and document a style guide for the hotels experience
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer
- A portfolio of work that illustrates user-centered design thinking including examples of web applications
- Strong interaction design skills with the ability to see your work through to pixel-perfect details
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices for desktop web apps
- Ability to collaborate with Product, Engineering and QA to build and test solutions
- A Willingness to give and receive feedback with the team on your design solutions and approach
- Ability to generate new and innovative ideas that solve the needs of our users and fuel our business goals
- Experience shipping your designs in a fast-paced, iterative development process
- Passion for prototyping your solutions as part of the design process
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
- An official Best Places to Work as listed in the SF Business Times (we're in the top 10!)
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all your great work
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- A beautiful workspace at Market & 5th St
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Support in creating clear professional goals that drive you to do your best work
- An environment in which you can learn skills and new processes to further your career
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, flexible time off, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
Please note, a portfolio is required for consideration. In the next step, you'll be able to share a link or upload a file. We look forward to reviewing your work!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.