Supply – Supply - North America - East
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates for tonight, tomorrow, and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Sales Manager to do just that.
You’ll be one of the founding members of our brand new sales team! As a Sales Manager you will manage a team of Account Executives that are laser focused on business development on the west coast. You’ll be responsible for hiring and developing the sales team and setting the sales strategy for our entire west territory. You’ll be tasked with building a high performing team that responsible for growing Hotel Tonight’s customer base and penetration in key markets. You’ll be a player, and a coach- helping execute high value, strategic sales, all while supporting the pipeline for your team.
You should be an effective collaborator, as you will frequently engage with our global supply leadership and other regional teams at HotelTonight. At the same time, you should be an independent operator - comfortable with building a new team, defining what success looks like for yourself and your team, and then effectively delivering against that.
This is a great opportunity for a leader who is passionate about growing our hotel base, bringing on new accounts, driving revenue, and developing a high-impact sales team!
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Forecast and assign targets to the team while tracking key sales metrics to assess the performance of sellers
- Provide guidance and oversee the day-to-day pipeline management for your sales team
- Collaborate with Regional Managers to prioritize and deploy sales resources effectively
- Hire, train, and develop a team of sellers
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Build processes to help manage the sales process and effectively collaborate with regional teams
- Lead by example; jumping in to make calls and close deals for your team
- Communicate with leadership and internal stakeholders on dealflow and the performance of the sales program
- Pursue high value, strategic sales prospects. Effectively drive and manage the sales cycle for key accounts.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Foster an exciting and competitive sales environment that motivates the team
- Continually ideate and test innovative sales tactics to improve new client acquisition processes
- Drive sales strategy and help create vision for future sales organization
- Develop sales best practices and collateral to provide sales guidance and support to the global supply team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Undergraduate degree
- You have 5 years of professional experience, with a focus on owning client relationships and business strategy
- 1-2 years of direct team management experience
- You are a result driven with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota.
- You are good at getting things done and driving results
- You are resilient and have an unflappable personality.
- You are persistent, you effectively navigate rejection, and are never discouraged.
- You are experienced in developing and building teams
- You know how to inspire and motivate peopleYou’re an excellent communicator with the ability to comfortably interface and present to leadership
- You have a strategic vision for how to grow sales and make sales processes more efficient at HotelTonight
- You’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You have a tireless work ethic and settle for nothing
- You have a proven track record of working effectively with other departments - in this role, you’ll work closely with Regional Managers, SPT, legal and external companies
- You’re comfortable using sales tools such as LinkedIn, Salesforce, Mixmax, etc.
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL
- Own and drive the success of a new sales team in North America
- Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication
- Annual visits to at least one of our international offices in Berlin, London and Paris
- Be part of a company that is revolutionizing hospitality and travel spontaneously!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
For more information on how we process personal data, please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice