Platform Engineer Lead
San Francisco, CA
Product Development – Technology
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Platform Engineer Lead to help do just that.
You will be part of our Connectivity team working on executing Hotel Connectivity Strategy which includes making the end-to-end booking process for our customers and hotel partners as seamless as possible.
We are changing the game when it comes to the hotel booking experience. Connectivity is just one of the ways we are making the entire process simple and easy for our customers and hotel partners. Connectivity is a two-way integration between HotelTonight and Distribution Channel partners. This integration allows us to automatically get inventory from our hotel partners by enabling quick, electronic reservation delivery straight back to the original booking and property management system. Connectivity helps make HotelTonight the favorite place for hotels to sell their rooms, all while keeping our solutions fast and our UX clean and simple.
As part of our Connectivity roadmap, you will get to guide and work on different partner integrations to automatically get inventory from hotel partners and automate reservation deliveries. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, test and deploy integrations between a variety of applications.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Become familiar with our business, roadmap, our tech stack, development workflows and architecture
- Learn about the upcoming initiatives and projects you’ll work onLearn the ways of the HotelTonight codebase
- Actively participate in our code review process
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Lead technical projects: from planning, through execution, coding & code reviews with multiple engineers, to testing and deployment into production
- Work on the projects on our roadmap and ship them to production (plus bug fixes and improvements!)
- Constantly improve our codebase to make it cleaner, faster and more maintainable, leveraging the best tools out there
- Support critical production systems as part of our on-call rotation
- Triage and debug functionality and performance production issues across multiple levels of the stack
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate and help design solutions with cross-functional teams on our Connectivity roadmap
- Develop expertise and be an owner of mission-critical areas of the Connectivity platform
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and techniques that can be added to our tech stack to solve the trickiest of problems
- Keep an eye on the platform and infrastructure on rotating pager duties, responding to issues promptly
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the business to continually evolve and make improvements to our Connectivity solutions as our business grows
- Review & drive product requirements and help create technical specs for feature development
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- A minimum of 3 years experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec or similar frameworks (e.g. Python, Django/Flask, and unittest)
- Experience scaling and maintaining high-traffic, service-oriented production systems
- Familiarity with major or equivalent technologies from our stack - Ruby, Rails, RSpec, MySQL, PSQL
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to tackle broad, challenging problems in an analytical, pragmatic way
- Empathy for customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- Loves collaboration and continuously strives for self-improvement
- A hands on problem-solver who loves working as part of a team and strives for continuous improvement
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- A beautiful workspace at Market & 5th St
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, flexible time off, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
For more information on how we process personal data, please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice