Country Manager DACH/CEENordics
Supply – Supply - EMEA
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay.
We’re looking for a motivated Country Manager DACH/CEENordics to join our team in Berlin. We’re looking for someone who has the drive and skill to successfully lead our strategy in a region of EMEA that incorporates Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics.
What will you be doing in the first 12 months?
- Owning and driving strategy for this region, including quarterly forecasting, planning, and reporting sessions
- Monitoring daily operations in order to meet or exceed revenue goals, bring in new quality partners, and measure partner engagement and performance
- Taking accountability for performance in this region in comparison to target KPIs
- Managing a team of Market Managers (who are overseeing partner relations with hotels in this region), including training, goal setting and feedback, to ensure their long-term professional development and career growth. Visiting markets in your region, including speaking at conferences and events, in order to become the face of HotelTonight in those respective markets
- Executing local market and PR initiatives
- Collaborating with your Global Supply counterparts in our offices around the world, as well as with senior stakeholders in other verticals, in order to implement innovative ideas in the hospitality space
- Become one of the leaders of the Berlin office and help shape and maintain its vibrant culture
What we’re looking for in you
- 4+ years of professional experience, preferably in a startup environment, with a focus on owning client relationships and business strategy
- Full business proficiency in German and English
- 1+ years direct management experience
- Previous success in coaching, mentoring and guiding more junior team members
- Experience leading complex and/or cross-functional projects from conception to inception
- Capable of balancing day-to-day responsibilities with longer term strategic execution, including an ability to think analytically and make data-driven decisions
- Fast-acting and forward-looking, with a focus on results over process
- Ability to operate as a “player/coach” and dive into market management duties if needed
- Effective collaborator, but comfortable working independently with minimal oversight - defining what success will look like for yourself and your team, and then delivering upon that
- Flexible to travel
- Have the right to live and work in Germany
- Regional knowledge of Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics is an added bonus!
Why this role is cool
- Own and drive the success of a fast-growing region in EMEA (and the largest one!)
- Travel 20% of the time
- Great office location in Berlin Mitte and an office space that is brand new
- Unique opportunity to create and shape our Berlin office culture
- Excellent health insurance
- Stock options
- Quarterly travel stipend to stay with our amazing hotels
- Subsidised mobile phone plan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Office exchange program in our offices in London, Paris and the US
- The opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are strongly committed to creating a diverse environment where the best people from all backgrounds can thrive.
For more information on how we process personal data, please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice